Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Low brow nutella

I recently came across an incredible product. Granted, I haven't tasted it...yet, but I love the idea. The company is P.B. Loco and they make flavor enhanced peanut butters. The site even has recipes for suggested uses. The flavors are Peanut Butter with:

  • CoCo Banana
  • Asian Curry Spice
  • Dark Chocolate Duo
  • Jungle Banana
  • Raspberry White Chocolate
  • Sun-Dried Tomato
  • Creamy White Chocolate
  • European Cafe Mocha
  • Raspberry Dark Chocolate
  • Sumatra Cinnamon Raisin
  • Sun-Ripened Apricot
  • Classic Crunch
  • Classic Creamy

This product reminds me of Nutella, peanut butter's high brow, Euro alternative, but more fun. Can't you just imagine crepe including Peanut Butter with Sun-Ripened Apricot or toast with Peanut Butter with Raspberry White Chocolate.? It sounds divine, doesn't it? I wonder what peanut butter cookies made with Peanut Butter with European Cafe Mocha would taste like. You can even make a nice satay with the Peanut Butter with Asian Curry Spice. My mouth is watering just thinking of these alternatives.

I think P.B. Loco should rethink their marketing campaign, "The Adult Peanut Butter." Granted some of their flavors are a bit sophisticated, but I am pretty sure most kids would like the Jungle Banana flavor. My first thought when I saw the phrase "Adult Peanut Butter," was that they somehow incorporated liquor into the peanut butter. For example, Whiskey flavored Peanut Butter. Not sure how that would work, but that is what the marketing campaign initially made me think.

I don't know about you but I cannot resist ordering a couple jars. I think I will go with one savory and one sweet. I will let you know what I think.

No comments: