Monday, May 28, 2007

Cooking up a storm

This has been quite a weekend for cooking. Yesterday I made brunch for friends. As you can see from Hunter's comment on my previous post that the menu went over well. I even managed not to burn the frittata, though it did get a little dark. The food was quick and simple to make and I bought all ingredients that morning at the local produce bodega. For once, my timing for cooking was great and I got to spend plenty of time with our guests. Here is a peak at the grilled pineapple dish. Very yummy!


Then I made peanut butter cookies from the P.B. Loco White Chocolate Raspberry Peanut Butter that arrived earlier this week. They turned out very well, with just a hint of the white chocolate raspberry lingering on the palate. They have certainly been a big hit with Mike. He is not allowed to eat them all. The cookies are for a BBQ next weekend so I put most of them in the freezer.

Last night for dinner, I went on the light side and made Shrimp and Mango Kebabs from "Cooking with Amy" blog. Mike boiled up some corn on the cob. We opened a nice bottle of Chardonnay and had a nice dinner at home.

This morning Mike convinced me to make "good luck" waffles which I made using Bisquick. I used the recipe on the box but I replace the milk with club soda. It is nice trick that makes the waffles light and fluffly and they have fewer calories (so you can eat more). I also added a teaspoon of vanilla. I served the waffles with fresh, sliced strawberries and maple syrup. With that lumberjack meal, it is a good thing we went for a big hike shortly after breakfast!

No comments: